Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Fresh Air and an Ambu-bag

Things have been so quiet around here lately that I haven't had anything to write about. This is a good thing in the world of SMA. Today was a beautiful day out! Sunny and warm. I cannot take all three children out by myself (not with Kaitlyn requiring constant monitoring), but we did all go out on the deck to get some fresh air and sunshine! Kaitlyn and the boys had a blast. The boys antics amused Kaitlyn and she kept saying, "cars...cars...cars". We live in an apartment next to a highway...lots of traffic!

Kaitlyn's RT from Vital Aire was by this morning to drop us off an ambu-bag. We've never had one in the house, and while I have seen ambu-bags used many times before, I have never actually picked one up myself. Learning how to use an ambu-bag isn't hard, and we now have a little more freedom, and an extra tool to help if we need it in an emergency.


This is a picture of Kaitlyn relaxing in the fresh air. She was sitting up in her big girl chair, which she has really outgrown!!! Her shoulders are up past the back of the chair! But she did fantastic. She sat up for an entire 30 mins. without choking, and although I suctioned her several times I didn't get anything worth while.


My cool cat, with her purple sunglasses and killer long blonde hair.


Alexander discussing "big trucks" with his sister...."Did you see that yellow cement truck Kaitlyn?"....."Did you see that blue dump truck Kaitlyn?" Followed by big kisses!!

1 comment:

Devon said...

I LOVE the pictures. Kaitlyn looks so chill sitting there!!

Glad you got an AMBU!