Friday, October 24, 2008

Lots of Suctioning

Kaitlyn is still sick. She and Alexander are hit the hardest this time. Still no fevers and her sats are normal 99-100%, but her heart rate is still up 20-30 bpm. Owen was a little worse today, but they all still just have runny noses. Alexander started with a bit of a cough today, and is coughing a bit tonight since going to bed. I am really hoping that this cold stays in the head. The last chest cold put Kaitlyn in the hospital for two weeks. I really would rather not have a repeat of that, she narrowly missed intubation. I am on the fence with the antibiotic, she just finished a full round of Cipro. for her aspiration. It takes a lot out of her being on antibiotics, and she has been on them so often over the past few months. So far her secretions are thicker than normal and I am having to suction her every few minutes all day long. She is better at night on bi-pap. But what I am suctioning isn't colored, I'm inclined to wait another day or two and decide if she isn't getting any better.

We hope that Lizzy's Nina can soon get some sleep. Waking to alarms all night is no fun. I hope you can figure out how to help Lizzy get used to this new circuit(new mask and new Pap...no fun)! We are also hoping that Jacob's MaMa is feeling better tomorrow. Having the flu sucks!
My girl's happy as long as she has "Dora Dora....uh oh!" (I swear that's all she knows how to say!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear Kaitlyn isn't feeling well. How are things today! You are doing a great job with her. I got to run but i'll take a closer look at your blog later. Take care. Brad

jennifer G said...

Hey Kim!
Sorry to hear they're still feeling bad! You are such a good Mommy to take care of three sick kiddos, with one being an SMAer...gosh, you must have the strength of 1000 men! LOL I am feeling so much better. I keep telling people I had the flu in fast forward and if it's any indication of what it's going to be like this year, get the shot!
Take care and get some sleep,
Jennifer